2021 has been a mixed year, with some major ups and downs. Hopefully 2022 will be a bit smoother!
This year’s goals were:
- Read 50 books: I’ve read 60 books this year (down from 79 in 2020) – success!
- Launch at least one of my side projects: Minimal progress on this due to other things taking priority.
- Clear-out of flat: In progress, taking longer than expected due to inheriting a large number of books after my grandfather died. I’m donating a few items a week to charity though so they should all be cleared out at some point.
- Improve cookery skills: Zero progress on this. I have bought an Instant Pot though, which I’m hoping to get to grips with over the next few months.
Next year’s goals are:
- Read 50 books: This has been a goal since 2018 and I enjoy tracking my progress over the course of the year.
- Launch report writing software for schools: This is something I’ve been meaning to do for several years, as I know teachers who would find this useful. I’m hoping that picking a specific side project will help me achieve the goal this time.
- Reach end of A2 in French: I started 2021 at the beginning of A2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and I’d like to reach the end of it by December 2022.
There are lots of other things I’d like to achieve, but previous years have taught me that setting a small number of goals is sensible.